Writing 500 Word Essays May be Quite Easy
Even though 500 seems like a large number, it really only translates to about a page of single spaced size 12 font printing. It’s not too difficult to write a single page essay once you know how to go about doing it.
Basically, think of it as writing 5 paragraphs of approximately 100 words each. That’s approximately 6 or 7 sentences depending on how long you make them. Here are the 5 paragraphs for your 500 word essay:
- The introduction. Even though this paragraph comes first, it’s easiest to write it last. That’s because you don’t know what you’re going to write before you write it. Once the body of the essay is completed, you can come back to this step and write the introduction.
- The body will be comprised of 3 paragraphs. The first paragraph will be the first main point you are trying to put across to the reader. Make sure you support this point with facts or with your point of view, depending on what type of essay you’re writing.
- This is the second point of the body. The same rules apply for this point. Make sure you give adequate support.
- And the third and final main point of the body; keep it concise and provide the necessary supporting evidence.
- The conclusion is the final paragraph of the essay. It can also have 100 words, approximately. It should be a summary of the essay. Make sure it’s worded differently than the introduction. It should leave the reader with something to think about.
Your essay should make an impact. It should be memorable, interesting and make them think or change their opinion about something. Before you make your final revision, be sure you have satisfied all the requirements of the assignment. Word count is important, but it’s not the only thing that counts. You usually have to adhere to certain formatting rules as well. Perhaps the font has to be a certain style and size. The header and footer and the side margins should all be according to the assignment as well.
It’s generally accepted to go a few words over but when the essay is fairly short like this one, try not to go under the specified word count. Take full advantage of the 500 words you have the opportunity to use to get your point across.
Writing a 500 word essay would seem a difficult task. However, let us tell you something: negative attitude towards the task assigned can only cause a failure. Take it easy and be optimistic about the forthcoming work! Besides, our tips for writing 500 word essays will facilitate your work.
What is a 500 word descriptive essay about?
Well, actually it is a typical essay. It is a three-part paper that aims to provide vivid descriptions of some object, event, or phenomenon in details. You can achieve this purpose by comparing things or presenting certain associations with the object under description.
Click here to visit professional custom essay writing service!
How long is a 500 word essay?
Double space, Times New Roman 12 is pretty much universal, in college anyway. Typed, 500 words is about a page and a half. You need to ask about going over the word count because it depends on the instructor.
How to write a 500 word essay?
Usually, 500 word essays consist of the following parts:
- Introduction that includes your thesis statement for the topic of your choice or given to you. Spend some time on choosing the right topic. If the topic is given to you, think of ways to make it interesting. Generally, a broad topic is given to students. You have to think about sub topics and then identify the relevant thesis statement.
- Body. In this part of the 500 word essay, you have to:
- Arouse emotions and feelings in the reader by using some original approach;
- Share your feelings about the object/event/phenomenon with the reader;
- Present key images; ◦ Help the reader feel as if he/she is taking part in the scenes you are describing.
- Conclusion . Close your paper with a 50 word conclusion. The essay conclusion must summarize and restate only the most notable ideas discussed in the body. Do not introduce a fresh point in the conclusion.
When you prepare for your 500 word essay, put yourself in the reader’s shoes. Think out of the box. Research material is of paramount importance. The authenticity of information would give your essay some clout. If you have referenced from reliable sources, say it and refer to it. This would generate more interest and add credibility. Always look for essay help from sources you are familiar with or are sure are genuine sources of information.
Follow these essay tips and you would have enough reason to believe that your next 500 word essay would become a reference for future students.
Need assistance with writing your 500 word essay? Try essay help here!