|Ryan International Group of Institutions|
|Corporate office: 90-Feet Road, opposite Kanakia Sanskruti, Next to Thakur Complex, Asha Nagar, Kandivali|
Mumbai, India, Maharashtra
|Motto||"Excellence in Education & All Round Development"|
|Founder||Dr. A. F. Pinto|
SSC & HSC
IGCSE(A & O Level)
International Baccalaureate (IB) - Primary Years Programme (PYP)
|Chairman||Dr. A. F. Pinto|
|Campus Director||Grace Pinto|
|Student to teacher ratio||45:1|
|Medium of language||English|
Ryan International Schools are a group of private educational institutions in India that were founded in 1976 by Dr. Augustine Francis Pinto. The Ryan Group started its first school in Mumbai in 1976 and currently has 186 schools located in 18 states within India and at many places outside India too. Ryan International is in limelight and controversies in last few years for criminal activities in its several schools.
The Ryan International School was founded at Borivali in Mumbai in 1976 by Augustine Francis Pinto (AF Pinto) following his struggles to get a decent and long lasting job.
AF Pinto's father was a farmer in Karnataka. Pinto spent his early life in Mangalore district of Karnataka. But, he was keen in studies and graduated from prestigious Loyola College of Chennai in Economics in 1969. A search for job took Pinto to Mumbai, as was the trend in those days. Pinto found it hard to get a decent job for some time after which he joined a school with the help of one of his friends.
As a teacher in the Mumbai school, Pinto got possessed with the idea of launching his own group of schools, watching his principal from close quarters, the idea of launching his own group of educational institutions struck him.
His principal, who was an old and frail woman, visited homes of people to convince them to send their children to school to study. This incident inspired Pinto to establish his first school by name the Father Angelo Primary School in the Borivali East with an investment of Rs 10,000 - a big amount for those days. It took less than Rs 9 to buy a dollar back then.
BUILDING AN EMPIRE
The Father Angelo Primary School failed but Pinto didn't give up. By now he had by his side wife Grace. AF Pinto had married Grace Albuquerque in 1974. Grace was also a teacher and taught Mathematics and Science.
After his own school failed to take off as a business venture, Pinto went back to teaching taking up a job with the Saint Francis School, Malad in Mumbai. Pinto and Grace came back to their own again in 1983 when they resurrected the failed school by the name of the St Xavier's High.
The St Xavier's High was a catholic school affiliated to Maharashtra education board. This became the foundation for building the educational empire of Pinto and Grace. They went on build the largest and possibly the most successful private group K-12 schools (from Kindergarten to class XII) in the country.
Today, AF Pinto and Grace boast of employing more than 18,000 faculty members and educating 2,70,000 students at their schools.
Awards and honours
- The school received the Samson Daniel Award from HelpAge India in 2015[not in citation given]
- 2015 - 12 schools of Ryan International Group of Institutions were honoured for being ranked amongst the best schools in the international, CBSE and ICSE.
- 2015 - Madam Grace Pinto; Managing Director, Ryan International Group of Institutions received The World's Greatest Leaders Award 2015 by the United Research Services Media Consulting PL and AsiaOne Magazine at the Indo-UAE Business Summit 2015, held in the United Arab Emirates.
- 2016 - Madam Grace Pinto, Managing Director, Ryan International Group of Institutions was awarded the 'PRIDE OF INDIA' - Maharashtra for her immense contribution to education.
- 2017 - Madam Grace Pinto was awarded with the Lifetime Achievement in Education by MidDay for her immeasurable contribution towards education sector. The award recognizes her untiring efforts & noteworthy contributions towards education.
- Dr. Augustine Francis Pinto, Chairman of Ryan International Group of Institutions.
- Grace Pinto, Managing Director (wife of Augustine Pinto).
- Ryan Pinto, CEO.
- Snehal Pinto, Director.
- SSC & HSC-Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
- IGCSE(A & O Level) International Baccalaureate (IB) - Primary Years Programme (PYP)
International Children’s Festival of Performing Arts
Ryan International Group of School holds yearly International Children’s Festival of Performing Arts which give students a relief from classroom activity and also provides them a creative escape by launching them into the imaginative world of theatre music and dance. The 14th edition of the event held in January 2016 in Mumbai with the theme ‘Celebrating Diversity’. The event attracted over 40000 students including notable individuals from India and 17 different countries which include Bangladesh, Denmark, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, India, Iran, Latvia, Morocco, Nepal, Russia, Slovenia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, and Zambia.
The 13th International Children's Festival of Performing Arts by Ryan International Schools was earlier held in 2015 at different venues in Delhi. Performances focusing on social issues like women empowerment, violence against women were initiated by students. Students from countries like Spain, Egypt, Iran, Sri Lanka, Germany and others participated in the festival.
Adoption of Tata ClassEdge way of teaching and learning
Ryan International Group has joined the fraternity of schools which have adopted the Tata ClassEdge way of teaching and learning. The group has implemented the technology in its schools in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi.
Environment Week celebrations
Environment Week was celebrated at Ryan International School, Vasant Kunj. Tree plantation drives, awareness rallies and interactive sessions were conducted at Gole Market Sports Complex & Guru Nanak Stadium in Ludhiana and Ludhiana railway station. Students of Ryan International School, Kundalahalli, Bengaluru, participated in various activities held as part of Environment Week celebrations. Craft activities focusing on ‘Green India, Clean India’ were carried out as a part of the celebrations.
Students from Ryan International School Gujarat, participated in the Monsoon football festival held in Saputara, Dang.
List of Student Achievements
- Arunima Pal (12) a student of Ryan International (Jamalpur), has made it to the five-member Punjab Under-14 girls badminton team that will participate in the 63rd School National Games at Kadappa in Andhra Pradesh. Arunima has become the lone shuttler from this city to make the cut.
- The students of Ryan International School, Greater Noida, shone in the District Taekwondo Competition organised by the Union ministry of youth affairs and sports under the Khelo India scheme at Vijay Pathik stadium, Greater Noida. As estimated 370 students from 18 schools took part in the competition. Ryan bagged the overall first position with 26 gold, 20 silver and four bronze medals.
- Harsh Bhamra, a Class 9 student of Ryan International School, Greater Noida, won a gold medal in the SKCI International Karate Championship organised by the Karate Association of India in New Delhi on January 7. He took part in the 13-15 age and 51-55kg weight category.
- Twelve-year-old Unish Holinder, a student of Ryan International School, Greater Noida, won the bronze medal in the air pistol ISSF youth men’s team event at the 61st National Shooting Championship in Thiruvananthapuram. 
List of Controversies
PradyumanThakur Murder Case
On 8 September 2017, Pradyuman Thakur, a class 2 student of Ryan International school in Bhondsi, Gurgaon, was found inside a toilet with his throat slit, crawling and bleeding profusely before he died. The Authorities upon investigating arrested, Ashok Kumar, The school bus conductor who allegedly confessed to killing the boy after trying to sexually assault him in the toilet. It was then found out that an 11th class student carried out the murder to supposedly delay his exams and the conductor was left free of charge. A Special Investigation Team (SIT) was initiated by the state government after the case received media attention and it found shocking laxity on the part of school management. The probe report mentioned that the school lacked separate toilets for students, drivers, and others. It observed most of the CCTV cameras were not working on that day and the school recruited the staffs without proper background check.
The school later took prompt action and boosted security measures as per the norms and underwent a safety audit conducted by the District Education Officer who gave the school a green signal. 
Divyansh Kakrora Murder Case
On January 30, 2016 a 6-year-old student was found afloat in the school water tank Devansh Kacrora. Charge-sheet has been filed but parents has requested for CBI probe in this matter.
Student slapped beaten case
In October 2015, Yash Singh a grade 9 Student in Ryan International School, Chembur, was allegedly slapped several times by a school teacher injuring him badly. His only crime was that his shirt wasn't buttoned properly.
A SEBI report also revealed that Ryan International School owners used a dubious finance company to launder crores.
- ^Ryan International School murder case: 5 unanswered questions after 3 days of police probe
- ^ ab"Ryan International School owners used dubious finance company to launder crores, says Sebi report". Retrieved 2017-09-12.
- ^"History - HelpAge India, NGO in India". www.helpageindia.org. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- ^"The Ryan International Group of Institutions awarded the best schools at an event in Bengaluru". Times Of India. 16 December 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^"City educationist Madam Grace Pinto receives International honour in Mumbai". Times of India. 6 January 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^"Madam Grace Pinto receives the Inspiring Business Leader Award- RYAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL". credent.in. 9 April 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^"Madam Grace Pinto receives Pride of India Award". credent.in. 11 June 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^"Mumbai: Grace Pinto receives 'Lifetime Achievement in Education' Award". Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- ^Rajesh Mascarenhas, "Ryan Internation [sic] School MD Grace Pinto named in Sebi interim order". Economic Times. 25 March 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^Tarique Anwar, "Meet Grace Pinto: The woman responsible for Ryan International's BJP membership drive". First Post. 19 March 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^"Ryan International Group of Institutions: Management". Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- ^Vinamrata Borwankar, "International Children's Festival of Performing Arts begins on Wednesday". Times of India. 5 January 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^"Ryan International Children's Festival of Performing Arts held in Mumbai". Times of India. 13 January 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^Rons Bantwal, "Mumbai: Ryan's 14th International Children's Festival of Performing Arts - 2016". bellevision.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^"Art festival for children". livemint.com. 5 January 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^"Tata ClassEdge goes international with Ryan International Schools, UAE". Times Of India. 3 February 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^"Environment week' celebrated". Tribune India. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^"Ryan International School CelebratedEnvironment Week"(PDF). clubenerji.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^"Students learn about benefits of practising yoga". The Hindu. 24 June 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^"3-day Saputara football festival begins tomorrow". Times Of India. 23 June 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- ^"Another Ludhiana shuttler makes it to School National Games - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- ^"Hindustan Times e-Paper - Delhi - 6 Feb 2018 - TAEKWONDO CONTEST". paper.hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- ^"Hindustan Times e-Paper - Delhi - 23 Jan 2018 - RYAN, GR NOIDA, STUDENT EXCELS IN KARATE". paper.hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- ^"unish shoots bronze in national meet".
- ^"Safety thumbs up for school where 7-year-old was killed - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- ^"Delhi: What killed Ryan International School student Devansh Kacrora? Questions remain over a year after death". Retrieved 2017-09-12.
- ^"Meet the Singhs who have been fighting Ryan School in Mumbai for 3 years". Retrieved 2017-09-12.
Лейтенант рассказал вам про кольцо? - удивился Клушар, - Рассказал. - Что вы говорите! - Старик был искренне изумлен. - Я не думал, что он мне поверил.
Он был так груб - словно заранее решил, что я лгу. Но я рассказал все, как .