10 Great Psychology Argumentative Essay Topics For College
If you are struggling to find a great topic for your next research paper you should review the options below and see if anything stands out:
- Should parents be required to teach babies sign language in order to communicate effectively?
- Is emotional intelligence as important as other forms of intelligence?
- What method of communication is best for children?
- Why is it that teenagers blame themselves and internal factors for negative events in their lives but as they age people blame external factors?
- Do children grow up more mature and socialized if they have siblings?
- Are certain addictions more serious than others?
- Are children with ADHD being given too many drugs?
- Should the court system be changed with regard to child custody cases in favor of the father equally to the mother?
- Should attachment parenting be stopped?
- Do religious people have the same propensity for wrongdoing during their daily routine as non-religious people?
After you find an appropriate topic it is important that you focus on proper research. Take notes as you are doing research and keep any bibliographic notes with quotes or data that you write down. This will make it much easier for you to stay organized later. When you are done with the bulk of your research you should create an outline. The outline is a great place to keep your thoughts organized. You can then use the outline to form the first draft of your paper.
Remember that when you are done writing your draft you need to give yourself enough time to edit and proofread. These are two very different things too. Editing is where you look for flow and structure and make any changes to your argument. This might include removing sections or incorporating new data. Proofreading is deep line reading for smaller errors such as spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. You should do both separately.
Print off a copy of your paper and review it out loud and line by line. These small mistakes can cause a severe drop in your grade. Review the essay for flow and ensure it moves nicely from one area to the next. It might be good to give yourself a few days for this process. This enables you to take a day off after finishing the draft and then return the next day to review for flow. Then you can take another day off and review for smaller spelling or grammar errors.
20 Great Argumentative Essay Topics In Psychology
While the study of the mind and its behavior is a vast subject that cannot be compressed into a single topic, Psychology does have several branches and many topics that you can delve into for an Argumentative Essay.
If you are a College Student, try these Topics:
- Are other forms of Intelligence as important as Emotional Intelligence?
- Does having siblings affect the maturity and socializing ability of children?
- Are Children with ADHD being prescribed and treated with too many drugs?
- Is Sign Language an essential for babies to be taught by their parents?
- Are Religious people more prone to wrongdoing during their daily routine than non-religious people?
- Is stopping Attachment Parenting a necessity?
- What is the best mode of communication for children?
- Why is it that the aged blame external factors for their negative events while the youngsters blame themselves and internal factors?
- Are specific addictions more harmful and dangerous than the others?
- Should the courts change the system of child custody equality favoring the father and the mother equally?
A Few Topics on Mythical Beliefs:
- Is Mid Life Crisis an absolute?
- Does Hypnosis help retrieve forgotten memories and events?
- Do Dreams posses any symbolic essence?
- Are inkblot tests necessarily useful in detecting one’s personality?
- Not all mentally challenged individuals are violent. Explain.
Psychological Arguments on experiments conducted.
- The Pavlov-Dog experiment.
- The Cognitive Dissonance experiment of Jack Brehm.
- Your opinion on Josh Bell, world famous violinist playing in a metro station at Washington D.C.
- The Blue eyes/Brown Eyes racism experiment by Jane Elliot.
- The Stanford Prison Experiment by Zimbardo.
Topics on Daily Practice
- The psychology behind ‘Chocolate helps reduce depression’.
- Does Music essentially evoke emotions within a person?
- How do social networks bring about addiction in people?
- Optimism is good for one’s health. Reason.
- Laughter has been found to be the best mode of communication among people. Validate.
Psychological arguments on Education:
- Can Gender partition be good for education?
- Should technology be a compulsory use in classrooms today?
- How are culturally diverse classes good for the students?
- All Curriculum studies should be centered on critical thinking?
- Are ADHD Symptoms found in almost all children?
Choose an apt topic and make the best discourse for your Argumentative Psychology paper.