Aunan K., Patzay G., Aaheim H. A., Seip H. M. Health and Environmental Benefits from Air Pollution Reductions in Hungary. Science of the Total Environment. 1998;212:245–68. [PubMed: 9573631]
Bell M. L., Davis D. I. Reassessment of the Lethal London Fog of 1952: Novel Indicators of Acute and Chronic Consequences of Acute Exposure to Air Pollution. Environmental Health Perspectives. 2001;109(Suppl. 3):389–94. [PMC free article: PMC1240556] [PubMed: 11427388]
Blackman, A., S. Newbold, J. S. Shih, and J. Cook. 2000. "The Benefits and Costs of Informal Sector Pollution Control: Mexican Brick Kilns." Discussion Paper 00–46, Resources for the Future, Washington, DC.
Brauer M., Hisham-Hashim J. Indonesian Fires: Crisis and Reaction. Environmental Science and Technology. 1998;32:404A–7A. [PubMed: 21650839]
Brunekreef B., Holgate S. T. Air Pollution and Health. Lancet. 2002;360:1233–42. [PubMed: 12401268]
Constantinides, G. 2000. Cost-Benefit Analysis Case Studies in Eastern Africa for the GPA Strategic Action Plan on Sewage. Nairobi: United Nations Environmental Programme. http://www.gpa.unep.org/documents/other/casestudies/east_africa_case_studies_final_draft.pdf.
Dasgupta, S., H. Wang, and D. Wheeler. 1997. "Surviving Success: Policy Reform and the Future of Industrial Pollution in China." Working Paper 1856, World Bank, Washington, DC.
Dhara V. R., Dhara R. The Union Carbide Disaster in Bhopal: A Review of Health Effects. Archives of Environmental Health. 2002;57(5):391–404. [PubMed: 12641179]
Dockery D. W., Pope C. A., Xu X., Spengler J. D., Ware J. H., Fay M. E. et al. An Association between Air Pollution and Mortality in Six U.S. Cities. New England Journal of Medicine. 1993;329(24):1753–59. [PubMed: 8179653]
El-Fadel M., Massoud M. Particulate Matter in Urban Areas: Health-Based Economic Assessment. Science of the Total Environment. 2000;257:133–46. [PubMed: 10989923]
Fernandez, A. 2002. Mexico City: Air Pollution Case Study. Environment course. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University. http://courses.dce.harvard.edu/environment/week10em1_new.html.
Fewthrell, L., R. B. Kaufmann, and A. Preuss. 2003. Assessing the Environmental Burden of Disease at the National and Local Level: Lead. Environmental Burden of Disease Series 2. Geneva: World Health Organization.
Frost F. J., Tollestrup K., Craun G. F., Raucher R., Chwirka J., Stomp J. Evaluation of Costs and Benefits of a Lower Arsenic MCL. Journal AWWA (American Water Works Association) 2002;94(3):71–82.
Grønskei, K. E., F. Gram, L. O. Hagen, S. Larssen, H. Jansen, X. Olsthoorn, and others. 1996a. URBAIR Urban Air Quality Management Strategy in Asia: Jakarta Report. Washington, DC: World Bank.
———. 1996b. URBAIR Urban Air Quality Management Strategy in Asia: Kathmandu Valley Report. Washington, DC: World Bank.
Gwilliam, K., M. Kojima, and T. Johnson. 2004. Reducing Air Pollution from Transport. Washington, DC: World Bank.
Hutton, G., and L. Haller. 2004. Evaluation of the Costs and Benefits of Water and Sanitation Improvements at the Global Level. WHO/SDE/WSH/04.04. Geneva: World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/wsh0404/en/.
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. 2001. Climate Change 2001. Geneva: World Meteorological Organization, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. http://www.ipcc.ch.
International Agency for Research on Cancer. 2004. Some Drinking Water Disinfectants and Contaminants, Including Arsenic. Monograph 84. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer.
Japan Environment Agency. 1991. Pollution in Japan—Our Tragic Experience (in Japanese, with English translation available). Tokyo: Japan Environment Agency, Study Group for Global Environment and Economics, Office of Planning and Research.
Kazan-Allen L. The Asbestos War. International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health. 2004;9:173–93. [PubMed: 12967154]
Kinniburgh, D. G., and P. A. Smedley, eds. 2001. Arsenic Contamination of Groundwater in Bangladesh. BGS Technical Report WC/00/19. Keyworth, U.K.: British Geological Survey; Dhaka: Department of Public Health Engineering.
Kjellstrom, T. 1986. “Itai-Itai Disease.” In Cadmium and Health, ed. L. Friberg, G. F. Nordberg, T. Kjellstrom, and C. G. Elinder, vol. 2, 257–90. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
Kjellstrom T., Corvalan C. Framework for the Development of Environmental Health Indicators. World Health Statistics Quarterly. 1995;48:144–54. [PubMed: 8585233]
Kjellstrom T., van Kerkhoff L., Bammer G., McMichael T. Comparative Assessment of Transport Risks: How It Can Contribute to Health Impact Assessment of Transport Policies. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 2003;81:451–57. [PMC free article: PMC2572475] [PubMed: 12894331]
Krupnick A., Morgenstern R. The Future of Benefit-Cost Analysis of the CleanAirAct. Annual Review of Public Health. 2002;23:427–48. [PubMed: 11910070]
LaDou, J. 1992. "The Export of Hazards to Developing Countries." In Occupational Health in Developing Countries, ed. J. Jeyaratnam, 340–60. Oxford, U.K.: Oxford University Press.
Larssen, S., F. Gram, L. O. Hagen, H. Jansen, X. Olsthoorn, R. V. Aundhe, and U. Joglekar. 1996a. URBAIR Urban Air Quality Management Strategy in Asia: Greater Mumbai Report. Washington, DC: World Bank.
Larssen, S., F. Gram, L. O. Hagen, H. Jansen, X. Olsthoorn, R. Lesaca, and others. 1996b. URBAIR Urban Air Quality Management Strategy in Asia: Metro Manila Report. Washington, DC: World Bank.
McConnell R., Berhane K., Gilliland F., London S. J., Islam T., Gauderman W. J. et al. Asthma in Exercising Children Exposed to Ozone: A Cohort Study. Lancet. 2002;359(9304):386–91. [PubMed: 11844508]
McGranahan, G., and F. Murray. 2003. "Air Pollution and Health in Rapidly Developing Countries." London: Earthscan.
McMichael A. J., Anderson H. R., Brunekreef B., Cohen A. Inappropriate Use of Daily Mortality Analyses to Estimate Longer-Term Mortality Effects of Air Pollution. International Journal of Epidemiology. 1998;27:450–53. [PubMed: 9698134]
McMichael, A. J., T. Kjellstrom, and K. Smith. 2001. "Environmental Health." In International Public Health, ed. M. H. Merson, R. E. Black, and A. J. Mills, 379–438. Gaithersburg, MD: Aspen.
Misra S. An Empirical Investigation of Collective Action Possibilities for Industrial Water Pollution Abatement: Case Study of a Cluster of Small-Scale Industries in India. World Bank Economists' Forum. 2002;2:89–113.
Murata K., Weihe P., Budtz-Jorgensen E., Jorgensen P. J., Grandjean P. Delayed Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potential Latencies in 14-Year-Old Children Exposed to Methylmercury. Journal of Pediatrics. 2004;144:177–83. [PubMed: 14760257]
Nyberg F., Gustavsson P., Jarup L., Bellander T., Berglind N., Jacobsson R. et al. Urban Air Pollution and Lung Cancer in Stockholm. Epidemiology. 2000;11:487–95. [PubMed: 10955399]
Pandey M. D., Nathwani J. S. Canada Wide Standard for Particulate Matter and Ozone: Cost-Benefit Analysis Using a Life Quality Index. Risk Analysis. 2003;23(1):55–67. [PubMed: 12635722]
Pereira L. A., Loomis D., Conceição G. M., Braga A. L., Arcas R. M., Kishi K. S. et al. Association between Air Pollution and Intrauterine Mortality in São Paulo, Brazil. Environmental Health Perspectives. 1998;106:325–29. [PMC free article: PMC1532988] [PubMed: 9618348]
Ponsonby A. L., Couper D., Dwyer T., Carmichael A., Kemp A., Cochrane J. The Relation between Infant Indoor Environment and Subsequent Asthma. Epidemiology. 2000;11:128–35. [PubMed: 11021608]
Pope C. III, Burnett R., Thun M., Calle E., Krewski D., Ito K., Thurston G. D. Lung Cancer, Cardiopulmonary Mortality, and Long-Term Exposure to Fine Particulate Air Pollution. Journal of the American Medical Association. 2002;287(9):1132–41. [PMC free article: PMC4037163] [PubMed: 11879110]
Pope C. III, Thun M. J., Namboodiri M. M., Dockery D. W., Evans J. S., Speizer F. E. et al. Particulate Air Pollution as a Predictor of Mortality in a Prospective Study of U.S. Adults. American Journal of Respiratory Critical Care Medicine. 1995;151(3, part 1):669–74. [PubMed: 7881654]
Rios J. L. M., Boechat J. L., Sant'Anna C. C., Franca A. T. Atmospheric Pollution and the Prevalence of Asthma: Study among Schoolchildren in Two Areas of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. 2004;92(6):629–34. [PubMed: 15237764]
Romieu I., Meneses F., Ruiz S., Sienra J. J., Huerta J., White M. C., Etzel R. A. Effects of Air Pollution on the Respiratory Health of Asthmatic Children Living in Mexico City. American Journal of Respiratory Critical Care Medicine. 1996;154:300–7. [PubMed: 8756798]
Scheierling, S. 1995. "Overcoming Agricultural Pollution of Water: The Challenge of Integrating Agricultural and Environmental Policies in the European Union." Technical Paper 269, World Bank, Washington, DC.
Scoggins A., Kjellstrom T., Fisher G., Connor J., Gimson N. Spatial Analysis of Annual Air Pollution and Mortality. Science of the Total Environment. 2004;321:71–85. [PubMed: 15050386]
Shah, J., T. Nagpal, and C. Brandon, eds. 1997. Urban Air Quality Management Strategy in Asia: Guidebook. Washington, DC: World Bank.
Smith K. R., Corvalan C., Kjellstrom T. How Much Global Ill Health Is Attributable to Environmental Factors? Epidemiology. 1999;10:573–84. [PubMed: 10468437]
Smith, R. S. 2003. "Naturally Occurring Hazards." Article prepared for World Water Day, March 22, World Health Organization, Geneva. http://www.worldwaterday.org/2001/thematic/natural.html.
Tengs T. O., Adams M. E., Pliskin J. S., Safran D. G., Siegel J. E., Weinstein M. C., Graham J. D. Five-Hundred Life-Saving Interventions and Their Cost-Effectiveness. Risk Analysis. 1995;15:369–90. [PubMed: 7604170]
U.K. Ministry of Health. 1954. Mortality and Morbidity during the London Fog in December 1952. London: U.K. Ministry of Health.
UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme). Cleaner Production. Seventh International High-Level Seminar, Prague. Industry and Environment. 2002;25(34):1–109.
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization). 2003. Water for People, Water for Life. Paris:UNESCO.
United Nations. 1997. Success Stories from India: Minimizing Waste by DESIRE. Report for the special session of the General Assembly, Earth Summit+5, New York, June 23–27. http://www.un.org/esa/earthsummit/unido3.htm.
U.S. Congress. Senate. Governmental Affairs Committee. 1999. Testimony of Professor Lisa Heinzerling Concerning the Nomination of John D. Graham to Be Administrator of the Office of Budget and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget. http://www.citizen.org/congress/regulations/graham/heinzerling_testimony.html.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 1999. The Benefits and Costs of the Clean Air Act 1990 to 2010. Report to Congress. Washington, DC: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. http://www.epa.gov/oar/sect812/.
———. 2000. Superfund: 20 Years of Protecting Human Health and the Environment. EPA 540-R-00-007. Washington, DC: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. http://www.epa.gov/superfund.
Voorhees A. S., Araki S., Sakai R., Sato H. An Ex Post Cost-Benefit Analysis of the Nitrogen Dioxide Air Pollution Control Program in Tokyo. Journal of the Air and Waste Management Association. 2000;50:391–410. [PubMed: 10734711]
Voorhees A. S., Sakai R., Araki S., Sato H., Otsu A. Cost-Benefit Analysis Methods for Assessing Air Pollution Control Programs in Urban Environments: A Review. Environmental Health and Preventive Medicine. 2001;6:63–73.
+ All Air Pollution Essays:
- Plastic Pollution and Measures to Control
- Air Conditioning Experiment
- Westcoast Air: Case Study
- Evaluation of cumulative air pollution in Riga and Liepaja with Cumulative Pollution Index method
- Ratio Anlysis Ar S&S Air Inc
- Water Pollution and Its Effects on the Environment
- Financial Analysis of Air India
- Congestion and Traffic Pollution in New York City
- State of Purpose to Enter the Air Force
- Noise Pollution
- Water Pollution and Water Scarcity
- The Success of Air Asia
- Pneumonia: Immune System and Tiny Air Sacs
- My Air Force Story
- Runway Collision of Unitted Express 5925 and Beechcraft King Air N1127D
- Air France Financial Analysis
- Plastic Pollution
- Easy Jey and Ryan Air Financial Analysis
- The History of Pollution in New York City
- Krakauer's Into Thin Air and Boukreev's The Climb
- Pollution- A Chemical Change
- The Truth of the Air
- The Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme
- Marine Contamination and Pollution
- Using Titanium Dioxide as Photocatalyst to Reduce Pollution
- Ocean Pollution
- Louisana Clean Air Act
- Pollution and Its Effects on the Planet
- Pollution and Environment Essay - We Must Act Now to Solve the Problem of Overpopulation
- "Swallow the Air, "The Secret Garden" and "The Seven Stages of Grieving" Year 12 Speech
- An Insight on Wilmington’s Water Pollution
- Marine Pollution: Causes and Solutions
- E Commerce at Yunnan Lucky Air
- The Water Pollution Crisis
- Air Pollution, Smog, Acid Rain, the Greenhouse Effect, and Ozone Depletion
- Holding Government Responsible for Pollution in China
- Demand and Supply Forecasting at Air Products
- Next Generation Air Transportation System
- automobile pollution
- The Battle Over Air Quality Standards
- Korean Air 801
- Sealed Air Case
- Air Pollution in Mexico City
- Air Force Training Program
- Next Day Air Chapter 1
- Air India Marketing Strategy
- Valuation of Air Thread Connections
- Water Pollution in the Philippines
- Air Asia Financial Analysis
- Trends and Development of Air Asia
- Analysis of Tanguy's Painting "The Earth and the Air"
- Seal air corporation
- Case Study: Independence Air
- Marketing Mix of Air Asia
- Drinking Water Qualty and Water Pollution
- Air and Water Pollutants
- Inorganic Chemicals Cause Water Pollution
- The Effects of Industrial Pollution
- Pollution In The Backcountry - Snowmobiles in Yellowstone National Park
- Light Pollution and Sea Turtles
- The Indoor Air Quality of Natatoriums
- Air France Case Study
- S&S Air International
- Water Pollution and Drinking Water Scarcity
- Transportation and Air Pollution in the United States
- Acid Rain Pollution
- We Must Fight Against Water Pollution
- Environmental Pollution Simulation Review and Summary
- Air Travel: It May Not Be As Enjoyable, But It Is Safer
- Pollution and the Environment
- National Air Express Case Study
- Negative Externality Pollution
- My Air Force Story
- Domestic Air Services: Are They Necessary or Viable in Bhutan
- A Not so Clean World: Plastic Pollution
- Environmental Pollution and Degradation
- Air Crash Investigation: Flight 191
- Tax Policy in Ireland to Tackle Pollution
- Comfort In The Air
- Air Pollutants
- IB Geography IA - How do levels of urban stress, such as noise levels and pollution, vary when moving further away from the CDB of Bandung, Indonesia?
- Corporate Social Responsibility at Air New Zealand
- Causes of Noise Pollution
- Association between Air Polluiton and Lung Cancer
- Environmental Pollution
- Air Asia Swot Analysis
- UPS: Making Air Package Deliveries
- Queen of Air and Darkness Study Guide
- Changes in Air Travel